February 16, 2011

15

St.Ives Naturally Clear Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub ~ Review

Posted in , , ,
Its been long since my last review, sorry im a bit busy these days..but i didn't want to let you guys down..So, here you go..my review on St.Ives Apricot Scrub for Belmish & Blackheads Control!


What Do they Claim?
Exfoliates to prevent blemishes & clean pores


Product Description
America's #1 Scrub gently cleans pores and helps stop breakouts before they occur.

Application
Moisten face with water. Dispense product onto fingertips and massage over face. Rinse with water. Avoid direct contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with water. For best results, use 3 to 4 times per week.

Product Claims
Oil-free - 2% salicylic acid • dermatologist-tested • 100% natural exfoliants • 100% natural extracts


Key Ingredients

APRICOTS are known to contain one of the highest levels of carotenoids (think vitamin A) and super-effective antioxidants. All of this natural power might seem, well, too powerful, but they are actually quite gentle and nourishing and they help make fresher, more nourished skin beautifully possible.

CORN KERNEL MEAL is actually flour ground from dried corn. It’s a soft, but gently powerful all-natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover and regeneration. Cornmeal makes softer-feeling, fresher skin possible.

WALNUT is known for its hard shell, but when it’s ground, it becomes an amazingly effective, all-natural exfoliant ingredient in our scrubs. Not only are walnuts plentiful on the planet, they also help newer, healthier skin come to the surface.


What was my Experience?

Hmm lets start off with the packaging, its nice and simple..i like it :)
Its a Flip open tube, lets the product securely stay inside!


Secondly, the texture of this face scrub is quite thick..it has exfoliating beads but they are pretty harsh on my face :(
You can see, the texture is really thick, it comes out from the tube like this..


You just need this much amount for all over your face, but the beads are indeed harsh on the skin!
It does scrub my face well, and cleans pores..i use it once or twice a week when taking a bath..i use a very light hand while rubbing it on my face


Okay now for some hard facts about Apricot Scrub
This Apricot scrub is NOT Recommended by the dermatologists!

Yes!!!

Because, it contains small walnut particles for exfoliation, which makes microscopic cuts on your face and exposes your skin to Bacteria more!
Ahem.. i know, thats a bit scary..hmm?


So Overall, i wont recommend this product to anyone..even if i didn't know its harmful to your skin, i wouldn't buy it again because its very harsh on my face!

The Price was 235 PKR..which is quite inexpensive


So, do you use this product?
What is your recommendation for Blemish and Blackheads control?
Will be waiting for your comments/ questions/ opinions...till then, takecare :)


ShyCheeeks signin out ~

15 comments:

  1. Nice review!! You can try Clean & Clear Blackhead scrub...it really works well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too.Been using for a long time.This is one product that has never failed me.Nice review:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! :) sad to know it didn't work for you. I hate harsh scrubs myself too

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have tried so many scrubs.... and i can honestly say this one is amazing... but now u have got me thinking about it being harsh will have to look out for something else....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ThankYou guys :)
    ..hmm this one is quite harsh, i have another one from St.Ives..its not harsh at all and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like this scrub at all! Makes my skin break out. I wouldn't recommend it... especially to those with sensitive/acne prone skin types.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how long does it take to work and does it make my face clear

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymouse, i don't recommend this to anyone..there are better options in the market :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have very sensitive skin. I have used this , but only on certain parts of my face. I do not rub it in , merely apply it, get in the shower let the steam get to it and then wash it off without puling at it. I use on my chin in the same way, but do not rub in much , just a little. It is too harsh to rub into all over your face ,but has done wonders the way I use it - on my chin, side of my face - which used to be spot prone but not any more. The part of my face I use it on is not that sensitive, but when I used it on nose , cheeks and forehead I did come out in a rash.
    Nina
    http://www.ninalazina.info/p/times-tables-games-fun-interactive.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes. I'm glad when I went to buy this; it wasn't available. So I bought another St.Ives Scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i use this product once i felt so amazing... i really feel that my pores are clean.... but i scared to use it again... coz i read something abouts this product that your pores is coming biiger if you use it every now and then... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well i hvnt used this.. so i will stay away from this! Good i saw your review b4 i go get myself one of this.. i currently use the invigorationg apricot scrub and i love it! its not harsh on the skin and it clears out my blackheads like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd decided to buy this one coz i thought it was the best for me to use. but thanks to u i hav discovered its bad side. now il be lookin for another one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good review and specially hanks for telling about its bad side

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks 4 sharing ur xperiences now i ll look 4 another one coz my skin is already sensitive

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your opinions! I love reading them =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...