February 29, 2016

34

Maybelline Colossal Kajal ~ Review + Swatch

Posted in , , ,
Finally, the Collosal Kajal makes home in my Makeup stash!
I love lining my waterline, but i've been pretty disappointed with the previous Kajals i own..Keep reading to know how the Maybelline Colossal Kajal worked for me :)




What they Say?


Colossal Striking Eyes

COLOSSAL INTENSITY
Add intense drama to your eyes with the blackest black eye kajal from Maybelline. A pencil kajal that gives bold lines, glossy shine and glides on smoothly. Get that perfect ‘smokey eyes look’ like never before!

COLOSSAL WEAR
No more touch up woes! Maybelline Colossal Kajal is totally smudge-free and water resistant. It gives 6hrs of intense black color that won’t smudge, budge or fade. Jazz up your eyes with the best smudge free eye kajal ever!.

COLOSSAL CARE
The ultimate kajal eyeliner pencil that delivers intensity with care. It is enriched with Vitamin E that soothes the eyes and prevents irritation. Flaunt gorgeous eyes all day long with Maybelline Colossal Kajal.


ShyCheeeks Experience

Ahemm.. the description of this baby intrigues me!
This Kajal comes in a BRIGHT yellow retractable pencil form..The Bright color looks pretty cool and stands out in my makeup stash
the retractable pencil is pretty big, i swatched it and loved the color BUT the then i checked how much product is actually present inside..the quantity was disappointing :(
The thin stick of kajal is only about 2 inch long! 

Being a retractable pencil has its own pros and cons
Pro point would be not wasting any product by sharpening the pencil again and again..and here comes the con; because you can't sharpen this, its tip isn't going to be precise enough to create thin lines..But then, i prefer using this as a Kajal on my waterline rather than using it on the eyelids


Oh well, besides that i actually am pretty impressed about the quality here! :)
The Kajal is creamy enough to glide on smoothly, but i won't say its VERY creamy..The pigmentation is great, it gives you a deep dark black line..Even on the waterline!

What i like on the waterline is layering the kajal once, then wait for a while..Do some random stuff, get my eye makeup done or whatever to pass a little time..Then layer the kajal again, this gives an intense black line on the waterline :)

The texture is more of a matte-finish..As described, it stayed on my waterline for 6 hours straight without fading or smudging on a normal day..Oh Yes! I applied it in the morning on my waterline, and checked after 6 hours..it was still the same without any smudging..I usually get panda eyes when i apply a regular kajal, i really hate that..But after almost 8 hours of application of this baby, i could see the black color a little faded..but it remained there until i removed it myself at night

I wouldn't say its fully waterproof though, if you have watery eyes this might fade quicker!
It didn't move on my waterline..but the other day when i was cooking, it did fade a little because of my watery eyes when cutting onions..and my watery eyes made it smudge too a bit on my lower eyelids
I think this may not last 6 hours straight on a hot humid climate..Lets just see how it works in the summers, i'll update this post then :)  


Overall, im loving this Kajal for lining my waterline..the quality is very impressive!
I just think the price is a little higher for the quantity of product you're getting
Oh and yes, it didn't irritate my eyes too :)

You can get it for 600-750 PKR from Maybelline's counters or online in Pakistan!



ShyCheeeks Likey!


So, do you own the Colossal Kajal? What do you prefer for lining your waterline?
I hope you liked the review, don't forget to share your thoughts..i love reading them! ..till then, takecare :)

(Disclaimer: PR Sample sent for consideration..But it has not affected my opinion, This review is purely written by me from my own experience...i am not paid for writing any review on any product...your experience might be different from mine!)


ShyCheeeks signin out ~

34 comments:

  1. OMG i really heard very amazing word for this.... i think i must buy now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too dislike the 'cant sharpen' issue! it smudged within an hour on my waterline, but i love it's intense black for a cateye! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats sad, it stayed pretty good on my waterline :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. amazing Review very helpfull

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must say AMAZING review! the pictures u take are very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I love how intense the black is and it's so hard to find cream eyeliners that stay put and don't accumulate around the tear duct! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it will accumulate in the tear duct area if you apply too much product there :)
      xo

      Delete
  6. I just bought this day before yesterday and i agree it stays on the whole day. love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kajal is headline of many blogs . I really like your eye with this kajal xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've this one & its an absolutely luv ,
    nice clicks shy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im not a kajal person, tried it once and hated it, doesnt suit me.. But that looks gorgeous, not sure how long it will last though? Does it have a tendency to dry out quick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i first tried Kajal on my waterline, i hated it too..but now i absolutely love it lol :P
      Yup it dries quick :)
      xo

      Delete
  10. Oh nice review, again it increase my crave to buy this (though i had almost 5-5 diff kajals) but my eyes becomes soo watery now a days :( am facing big problem due to this, my all eye makeup got faded ;(

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's like the perfect black ever! how about using it as an eyeliner..will it last that long too?? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it lasted pretty long as an eyeliner too, better than on the waterline..But i don't really wear it on the eyelids because it doesn't create a precise line/wing :)
      xo

      Delete
  12. hey girl!
    Impressive review especially all the photographs...
    my friend used this kajal she ain't had any gud expressive regarding it not staying for long when applied on water line....
    I agree that it won't irrate the eyes...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks quite intense!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have got it and I'm lovin' it as much as you are in love!!!!! Gonna share my review soon ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how black it is!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WoW!! Looks great Shy!! plus i m loving ur new blog look <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThankYou..im glad it turned out great! <3
      xo

      Delete
  17. The color really is intense.
    some twist open eyeliners do have a sharpner at the back. check if there is a cap sort of thing at the end of the liner's packaging, it looks like a crayon sharpner. hope u find a sharpner there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm i checked, theres no sharpener in this one :)

      Delete
  18. I loved it...I mean if you have to run about and don't have time to perfect your make up all the time , this is your baby. But then again It's a tad bit pricy and the tip causes a bit of issues at time. But decent enough

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your review.I use this as an eyeliner .it doesnt work so great for my waterline.fades quickly.Love love love the photos

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK THAT'S Weird !!! i got this kajal for 300 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i just dont get this... everyone here says that it stays on for a really long tym.. i hav been using it for quite some time but in the first time though it worked really well..but since my second stick of colossol..its not working at all. it could not stay even for half an hour. i dont know whats wrong. so m just gonna give up on this product now..:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm there are a few fake ones in the market, beware of them!
      xo

      Delete

Don't forget to leave your opinions! I love reading them =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...